Thursday, May 28, 2009

God's grace

It is only by God's grace that I'm alive, breathing, and on this mission trip in New Orleans, Louisiana.

I realize that everything God does has a purpose and time. I couldn't have asked for better teammates, I love each and everyone of them. I was gonna write something to each person but I see that Katie has already stolen that idea so I'll wait a few days (maybe).

But overall, when I first applied to the trip, I didn't see the timing of this trip having any significance. But in retrospect, God had it all panned out before I even knew what was going on.

The timing of this trip has been nothing but perfect. God knew this was what I needed to adjust to the overseas long distance relationship thing and He put 11 different people in my life at the same time to help me through this 1st full week that Jerry spends in Afghanistan. It has been so much easier gettin' through this time than I ever imagined. God's kept me focused on His work and on His people. I love my team and each of them brings something special and different to the team. God has been so good to me beyond what words can describe.

Today, I played 2 on 2 basketball and then Around the World with a couple boys and Genni a few blocks down and 'round the corner. I tried to the encourage them as much as I could no matter if they made or missed a basket.

Love is not expressed in words but in actions and attitudes.

1 comment:

  1. "Love is not expressed in words but in actions and attitudes"
    True that!!

    ReplyDelete